Monday, July 13, 2009

Faith, Hope and Charity - To Each His Own

A little bit about Soul TV... I miss the days of local cable access stations like soulbeat. Or glorious paid tv slots for shows like Soul School. Where are you Calvin Lincoln? Then over the last two or three years before things went ALL Digital, there were spotty appearances of old Soul Train episodes. I found some here locally on TV20 and WBN America or something like that. Already I'm missing those best of Soul Trains. People thought I was crazy when I said I was leaving a party to catch the 2am weekly episode of Soul Train. But, for me it was religion. It was education of the highest order. It was the pleasure that IS soul music for me. Seeing how I'm a guy that tries endlessly to live in previous eras, it was the bees knees to watch Soul Train on live TV like I was there and it was coming over the airwaves in 1977. So, a few years ago I caught a lip-synched version of this song 'performed' by Faith, Hope and Charity. Its a marvelous crossover soul tune that transends time. It's long been an anthem of mine and hopefully will do some magic for you.


Faith, Hope and Charity - To Each His Own

No comments:

Post a Comment