Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Indigo - Be Strong

For months on end I've been singing this little tune. Its catchy as hell and positive and all that good shit. I also think it's quite the little bad ass boogie banger as well. Not sure about Indigo. I know they had an LP with the same tracks as this 12". But, not sure what its like. Just know that this b-side caught my fancy and never let it go. The changes are good. The beat is funky and its not interrupted by any silly long solos (minus a brief synth solo). Just a good well rounded mid-tempo tune in my eyes. The picture cover 12 inch sleeve is freakin dope. Be warned: if lyrics about 'planting a seed and watching it grow', or 'thread the needle, we can sew' are too corny for you, then oh well. But, for me... I'm completely hooked and always a crack fiend for anything that has tuff funk guitar licks and slick bass lines. Then, I'm really done in by any lyrics along the lines of "Get Up Get up. Get up Get Up, Be Strong' Positivity always seems to win me over. If this strikes you as kind of 'lame', then keep moving along (literally). If this is 'lame' music, then I LOVE 'lame' music. And, there'll be a lot more 'lame' in this blog to come. Ha ha!

Indigo - Be Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment