Thursday, September 2, 2010

Erwin Bouterse & Roetoe - Groovy Weekend

From Sahuleka to Matata, I'm headed south in an africano mood. Directing myself straight to the motherland. I recently played this at 'HIT THE DECK'. Let me say, Troy Bayless and Joseph Roseberry throw a mean party. And, I'm glad disco, boogie, cosmic and everything else under the sun is alive and well in Oakland. Peeps at these parties dance, and they dance to whatever. Open minded folks wantin' to get down. That's what I love. Plus, I was glad to see the Oasis is still alive and well. That's one of Oakland's finest spots. It hasn't quite been right for the summer time vibe here, cold as shit really. Constant fog and frosty nights. But, I think we'll have a few more hot evenings between now and December. Least I hope so. I hope the HTD folks have me back soon. This Erwin tune needs a good re-edit. But, I'm into posting the originals. You can do what you must. Perhaps I'm just lazy. But, I believe there's a Daptone re-edit out there somewhere already. Enjoy!



Erwin Bouterse & Roetoe - Groovy Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment