Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dynasty - Adventures In The Land Of Music

Absolute classic 80's mid tempo stomper here. A tune I have a serious love affair with. I have to admit, the first time I heard it was thanks to the folks in Camp Lo. They were up on sampling 80's stuff way before most. Fortunately this LP was in every dollar bin across the entire bay area. I think I pick it up every time I see it. Probably have ten of 'em at this point. This song just makes you want to move slow and throw your hands in the air. So slow it's almost like moving through water. The string and horn arrangements are among the most powerful I've ever heard. This tune carries an amazing presence that even when played out, regardless of its drippingly slow tempo still gets heads nodding and lovers and slow dancers getting to a grind. Classic stuff here. This song from the album of the same name, was just one of many offerings by Dynasty. Dynasty gave up so many tunes for the Solar label during the late 70's and far into the mid 80's. All dope shit. Solar is a label I loved way back as a kid. I used to buy the 45's right off the rack in the record store. Here now, off the SB rack for you to enjoy.


Dynasty - Adventures In The Land Of Music

No comments:

Post a Comment